Do you have some questions but not much time? Our counsellors can provide email support.
Email can be a useful way of gaining information and support regarding an alcohol or other drug-related issue when the webchat is not convenient for you.
We monitor these emails Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm and in most cases, we can respond within 24 hours.
In a crisis, you should seek other forms of support for a more immediate response. Depending on the nature of the emergency you could call:
How to ask a question via email?
- Click on the "Get started" button at the bottom of the page
- Sign up for community access
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Complete the basic information we need to begin a counselling session
- A text box will open for you to enter your query
- A counsellor will respond to you and the response will come back to your email inbox
- From there, any further questions can be sent back directly from your email or from your member portal.
Why join Counselling Online?
Signing up to Counselling Online’s member portal gives you access to a range of services including chat sessions, email support, self-help modules and the peer-to-peer support forum. All of these services are free.
As a member of Counselling Online, all of your previous chat session transcripts will be saved and viewable to yourself and the counsellor you are chatting to. The benefits of this are:
- you won’t need to repeat your story each time you start a session,
- you can refer back to previous sessions for any helpful tips and referrals, and
- it helps track your progress so that you can see how you are going.
We look forward to meeting you online, and walking with you on your path to recovery.